- Just because you miss having a partner doesn’t mean you need one.
- There is so much freedom and confidence that comes with making decisions for yourself without having to think how it affects a significant other.
- Just because someone looks good on paper doesn’t mean he/she is your person.
- It can get boring. And lonely at times.
- You experience mixed emotions just as if you are in a relationship with someone else. The relationship you have with yourself is just as emotional, if not more.
- No matter how hard you try, someone’s feelings get hurt. Try not to be reckless with someone else’s heart. And forgive yourself if you do.
- You learn about all the things you don’t want in a relationship when observing other couples.
- Your goals catch fire in the best way.
- Being single gives you so much confidence. You question less and get really clear on who or what you want in your life.
- Singledom is necessary before meeting your husband/wife.
- Your happiness meter is solely based on you.
- You are forced to take a look under the hood which means you learn oh so much about your own strengths and struggles.
- Every single person is terrified of being vulnerable. You just have to find the right person worth opening up to.
- You’re not really single if you end up in situationships. You know what I’m talking about.
- I am still figuring out what the heck I want. And that’s okay.
- You can reinvent yourself every single day. There is no one checking you.
- Your spiritual side comes out full force. And it tells you what you have always known: the person you have been searching for is yourself.
I will tell you one thing I didn’t learn. What dating actually means. It can be very confusing this day and age. I don’t believe the hype when people say everyone is only looking to hook up though. I have met some amazing people who are interested in a genuine relationship. My advice to you is simple: Be honest. Communicate exactly what you are about. If you don’t know, learn about yourself first. No one can fault you for being true to your word.
Wanna receive weekly Fierce love letters of inspiration? Add your email here