No one is born confident. We all have fears and insecurities. There are things we can do to deal with them in a way that helps us, not keep us stuck.
- Write a list of things you truly love about yourself.
- Do something you have never done before.
- Incorporate daily rituals to help you prep for the day.
- Decide to make peace with your past once and for all.
- Declare what you are passionate about.
- Set boundaries with that person.
- Limit time with those that bring you down. Sometimes that someone can be you so you have to learn to be more gentle with yourself.
- Wake up every morning saying “I intend to…today”. It may feel silly at first but your words are powerful. This signals to your brain to gear up for the day.
- Change your passwords to positive words that make you feel good. #GirlBo$$ is an old fave of mine.
- Read a personal development book. Reading isn’t your thing? Cool, listen to a podcast or watch a Les Brown YouTube video. Expose yourself to new possibilities.
- Define what disempowers you and take steps to delete it from your life. This may sound drastic but guess what, you are worth it.
- Take responsibility for your actions. Owning up to your side of things makes you feel good because when you say “I own up to this…” or “I did that because…” it restores your power because no one can throw stuff in your face that you have already taken responsibility.
- Music. No explanation needed.
- Dress to impress…yourself. Wearing clothes that make you feel good shifts your mood. You start walking taller and act more confidently which allows you to actually be present around people because you aren’t busy thinking about how uncomfortable or insecure you feel.
- Talk to yourself. When you are feeling like you can’t do something or you feel nervous. Allow your inner Queen or King to come out and give yourself a pep talk. Sometimes you just need to say “Pull yourself together cause you got this.”
- Say No. No to invitations that drain you just thinking about it. No to people who don’t respect.
- Say Yes. To new beginnings that give your tummy butterflies. Say yes to people who value you. Yes to opportunities that bring you growth.
If you prefer to hear me read this post to you, click here.