I always say you can speak your truth with courage and kindness. It is all in your delivery. Yes, tone matters. Yes, language is important. Your voice matters. And it’s time to shed the people pleasing layers and share what you know has been buried in your soul. Your light.
There are so many reasons to acknowledge and put voice to your truth. Here are 17 of them:
- Because it’s healing.
- Suppressed feelings control your subconscious until you acknowledge them.
- Because compromising your principles is no longer an option.
- People will never get to know who you are if you tell them only what they want to hear.
- Someone who confidently owns up to their desires regardless of the possibility of rejection is very attractive.
- Standing in your truth is one of the bravest things in the world.
- Because it makes you a leader. When you share your story, it creates a safer space for others to share their truth.
- Owning your truth is an act of power no one can take from you.
- Being honest about how you feel will increase your self value which then limits the bullshit you are willing to take.
- Your truth leads you to your purpose.
- Because lying about what you are going through leads to more stress, heartbreak and false identity.
- Your truth is unique. Absolutely no one is you so sharing who you are makes you stand apart from the crowd in a positive light.
- It’s liberating. When you open your heart and voice your truth, you make room for new opportunities to pour into your life. When you are honest about your values, your feelings and where you stand on important issues you tend to weed out the blocks in your life. In return, you attract exactly what you need for growth.
- Sharing your truth makes people trust you and see you as reliable.
- It makes you relatable which fosters connection. No one is perfect. Your strengths, struggles and story will touch others in a similar situation.
- Expressing your truth is a pillar in living a life of passion, happiness and authenticity.
- Because it’s time. Now is your time. Dig deep and immerse yourself in your beautiful mess. Your journey of growth into your fiercest, bravest and most beautiful self.